When it comes to weight loss and living a truly FIT and LEAN life, the dreaded time of year between October and New Year’s is always something of concern. Besides our obvious tendency to eat more during the holidays because we’re celebrating and enjoying everything that goes along with that time of year, there are also other factors that can lead to unwanted weight gain and not being as LEAN, too.
We may experience pressures from social interactions, stress, broken routines, and emotions, in general, all causing us to potentially overeat. However, this study from the New England Journal of Medicine found that while people perceived weight gain to be between 0 and 6.7 pounds (averaging 3.5), in many cases, they only gained just under 1 pound! So, while “holiday weight” is most likely perceived and nothing to actually panic over, it’s nice to avoid and be prepared to avoid potential catastrophe.
Whether you’ve indulged more than you would have liked, or you’d like to stay on track and keep cravings at bay, while living LEAN, this smoothie has you covered. Loading yourself with detoxifying and antioxidant-rich greens will help keep you feeling fulfilled and nourished. Regardless of your real or perceived weight gain during the holiday, you can feel confident with this Green Smoothie’s potential to boost you into weightloss mode.
- ½ ripe Avocado
- 1 large handful Organic Spinach
- 1 scoop/serving Powdered Greens (The brand is up to you. I enjoy this one.)
- 1 cup Coconut Water
- 1 serving FITTEAM LEAN Protein
- *Optional: This smoothie is meant to be very detoxifying and cleansing, so it’s naturally low in sugar. If you find your taste buds can’t quite handle it yet, you can add some natural sweetener such as 1 packet (or a few drops of the liquid version) of Organic Stevia to help out with the bitterness from all the greens.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth (*You may want to add a few ice cubes and/or more liquid (water) to achieve desired consistency
- Sip and Savor the detoxing effects of all of the greens! 💚 💚 💚
In Fitness & Health,