Matcha Green Tea Protein Bars
- ⅓ cup natural roasted almond butter (85g)
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or “milk” of choice)
- 1 teaspoon Stevia extract
- 10 drops lemon or almond flavor*
- 8 scoops/servings Vanilla, Plant-Based Protein* Powder (I used FitTeam Lean – Duh!)
- ½ cup oat flour or other gluten free flour option (60g)
- 4 Tbsp Organic Matcha Powder
- 2 (4 ounce) Dark Chocolate bars*, melted (or Mini Dark Chocolate Chips)
- Line an 8 inch brownie pan with parchment paper both ways, set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl with beater attachment, add the almond butter, milk, stevia and lemon flavor. Mix on low speed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the protein powder, flour and Matcha powder. Slowly add this to the wet mix in the mixer.
- Mix until combined well and has a cookie dough texture. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared pan and flatten the surface with a rubber spatula or spoon.
- Tightly cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, slice the protein bars and drizzle them with your chocolate mixture. Serve!
- To store, place the protein bars on a plate and wrap tightly.
Do not use whey protein! The mixture will be gooey and will not solidify.
To reduce sugar content, you can make your own dark chocolate sauce by melting coconut oil and mixing raw cacao powder and stevia. I usually do a 2:1 ratio of oil to powder. You might need to play with the amount depending how much chocolate you want and the level of bitterness you prefer.
I know it seems a little strange, but the lemon flavor enhances the matcha flavor. You can use almond flavor instead, or if you omit this, simply increase the amount of chocolate! 😉
-Health & Wellness Coach
Resources for recipe and picture inspiration: https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/2540095034/healthy-matcha-green-tea-fudge-protein-bars/