Veggie-tastic! Cajun Casserole
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan sea salt
- 1 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- 2/3 cup milk of choice
- Cajun Seasoning
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with coconut oil.
- In the casserole dish, toss the diced sweet potatoes with the melted coconut oil, pink salt and pepper until the potatoes are well coated.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 25 minutes (or until fork tender).
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven and add the broccoli, bell pepper, onion, tomatoes and zucchini.
- Stir to mix.
- Spread the chopped spinach over the top of the vegetables.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and whites together until they’re lighter in color.
- Stir in the milk.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and season cajun seasoning to taste.
- Bake the casserole for 50–55 minutes, until the top is golden and set.
- Allow the casserole to cool for 5–10 minutes before serving.
-Health & Wellness Coach