14 Aug Quick’n’Easy Paleo Breakfast Cups
Quick’n’Easy Paleo Breakfast Cups
Do you struggle to find time in the morning to get everything done before rushing off to work and school? When you’re stressed for time, don’t let something as important as fueling your (and your family’s) mind and body go to the wayside.
Have no fear!
There are plenty of quick ‘n’ easy recipes that will save you time, energy and leave everyone’s tummy satisfied. These Paleo Breakfast Cups are great served either hot or cold and during any meal (breakfast, lunch, snack or dinner)! Healthy AND convenient?! – Yes, please!
Picture and Recipe Inspired by: NomNomPaleo
● 4 tablespoons fat (coconut oil, ghee, grassfed butter, etc.)
● ½ medium onion, finely diced
● 3 cloves of garlic, minced
● ½ pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
● ½ pound frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
● 4 large eggs
● ½ cup egg whites
● ¼ cup coconut milk
● 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
● 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
● 5 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
● Pink Himalayan sea salt
● Freshly ground pepper
● A regular 12 cup muffin tin
1. Pre-heat oven to 375F while prepping veggies.
2. Saute onions, garlic, and mushrooms in half of the oil in a skillet.
3. Cool on a plate.
4. Create batter by whisking the following in a large bowl: eggs, egg whites, coconut milk, coconut flour, salt and pepper
5. Coat each muffin cup with the remainder of the oil.
6. Line muffin cups with a slice of prosciutto, ensuring all sides are covered.
7. Mix cooled veggies into batter.
8. Pour batter into cups.
9. Top with halved cherry tomatoes.
10. Bake for 20 mins, or until eggs no longer move when the pan is gently moved.
11. Let cool in pan before removing.
EXTRA HEALTH TIP: Pair a few of these egg cups with some sliced apples and (a few Tbs) nut butter, for a nutrient-dense meal for the kiddos (or YOU) 😉
-Health & Wellness Coach