12 Mar Happy Tummy Salad Recipe
Happy Tummy Salad Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
A detox is incomplete without quality salad recipes that will not only cleanse, but also bring happiness from within.
Fatty acids from healthy fats like extra virgin olive oil or avocado/avocado oil are excellent anti-inflammatory agents in the body. This is why detox salads often have these two ingredients. The combination of broccoli and avocado is especially good for diets low in vitamin D (a mood enhancing vitamin) because they both contain high amounts of vitamin K, which is stabilizer of vitamin D.
Happy tummy (and enhanced mood)? Yes, indeed.
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 4 cups Mixed greens of choice (watercress and spinach pictured)
- ¼ to ⅓ of a head of cabbage
- ¼ Cup sprouts of choice
- 1 crown of broccoli (not including the stem)
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ½ red onion, either diced or chopped
- ½ zucchini squash, sliced thinly, lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated or minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- juice from ½ a lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup sunflower seed kernels or chopped nuts, or to taste (I like a lot)
- In the bowl of a food processor pulse the cabbage until it is a very fine chop.
- Remove the cabbage to a large bowl.
- Process the carrots until they are chopped very fine and remove them to the same bowl.
- Process the broccoli until it is chopped very fine and remove it to the bowl containing the cabbage and carrots.
- Add the sliced onions, sprouts, and mixed greens.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, apple cider vinegar, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Whisk the dressing thoroughly and add it to the bowl containing the vegetables.
- Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds/nuts on top.
-Health & Wellness Coach