30 Oct Halloween Protein Spider Recipe
These little treats are great for your last minute holiday preparations.They’re perfect for some quick energy, keep you fuller, longer due to the protein, and they make an adorable healthy kid snack for Halloween. Whether you’re at home handing out candy, on the go with the little ones, or attending/hosting a Halloween party, you’ll definitely get a reaction to not only the cuteness but the deliciousness of these creepy crawlers.
???? ???? ????
Makes 24 Spiders (Balls)
- 1 cup natural Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Raw Honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder or Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 serving FITTEAM LEAN
- 48 Candy Eyes
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (I opt for these, dairy free chips.)
- You’ll also need a piping bag (or a Ziplock with a corner cut off) and a tip to create the spider legs.
- Mix the peanut butter, honey, cocoa/cacao powder, and LEAN together until it forms a mold-able dough.
- Use your hands to roll pieces of dough into 24 balls a little smaller than an inch in diameter.
- Place two candy eyes onto each chocolate peanut butter protein ball.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe container. Start with a minute, then stir, and continue in 15 second intervals until it is smooth and creamy.
- Place the melted chocolate into a bag fitted with a #3 round tip.
- On a parchment paper lined pan, pipe eight legs for each chocolate peanut butter protein ball, moving from the outside to the center so there is a larger dollop of chocolate in the center where the ball will be placed.
- Gently put a ball on the center of each set of legs.
- Refrigerate at least 10 minutes before eating. You can store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Certified Wellness Coach
*Results will vary. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.