21 Aug Goodbye comfort zone, hello future!
At FITTEAM we believe a huge part of success not only in business but in life comes by holding yourself accountable. One of the easiest ways to make a move forward is to write down your goals to truly understand what you want in the future. Once your goals have been established its time to make them become reality.
Even though this may sound easy, we all know it is tougher than it appears to achieve your goals, but did you ever stop to think what makes it so tough? I bet not. More often than you realize it may be you that is getting in the way. Lifehack said it best “…the biggest obstacle…the silent dream killer that stops people before they ever even get started? That obstacle is the comfort zone, and getting stuck there is bound to derail any efforts you make towards achieving the goals you’ve set for yourself.”
You may recognize the term comfort zone from hearing, but have you ever stopped to think if you are living in it? Comfort zone can be described in many ways but overall it means a level which a person functions with ease and familiarity, using a limited set of behaviors to deliver a steady level of performance. Meaning you may be happy with the status-quo and doing your day-to-day out routine, but will living in your comfort zone allow you to achieve your future goals? The answer is NO. In order to evolve and grow as a person and in business you must continually push yourself out of your comfort zone, this will present new challenges and opportunities that will lead to future success.
When stepping out of your comfort zone here are some things you should expect:
- You will be scared but it won’t be as bad as you are expecting. So, push through your fears because there is no better way to grow. You may even be surprised by the version of yourself you find on the other side.
- You will discover new passions. When you begin pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and trying new things, you will be surprised to discover how much you love it.
- You’re helping your brain stay healthy. Doing something new and challenging yourself requires you to adapt and change, making you and your brain stronger.
- You may fail as you walk into uncharted territory trying things you have never done before because the odds of getting everything right on the first shot is very unlikely. However, out of failure will come growth, you will learn new skills, new insights and most importantly new things about yourself.
- Your confidence will grow as you begin to experience new things outside of your comfort zone. You will begin to see yourself in a new light, proving to yourself you can achieve more than you ever thought was possible. It is said that success often breeds more success, thus making each step out of your comfort zone even better. Slowly things that you previously feared will become part of your every day allowing you to broaden and expand your comfort zone.
- Taking these new risks and stepping out will allow new doors to open thus creating a better future. Whatever door it is that may be opening, one thing is for sure, you will be resilient and prepared to achieve more than you ever have before.
FITTEAM encourages you to step out of your comfort zone, face your fears and take that chances on something new. Pushing yourself will lead to a future of accomplished goals!