03 Nov Carrot Cake Protein Cookie Bar Recipe
Protein bars are SO convenient! They’re easy to make, transport, and eat, as well as a convenient way to custom-build your macros (protein, carbs, and fat) for maximum nutrients. With the holiday season in full swing, having snacks (or even meals in bar form) that you can grab and go when on-the-go makes all the difference. No one wants to be running errands or in between meals with nothing healthy within reach…That’s a recipe for wellness disaster if you ask me. ????
Beyond the nutritional value, this recipe offers many other benefits:
- Easily Portable
- High -Protein
This recipe, loaded with protein, can be ready in no time! Having a yummy carrot cake cookie creation within your reach is only minutes away! So, what are you waiting for?!
Makes 8 Bars. Serving = 1 Bar.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana or ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon Almond milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 4 servings FITTEAM LEAN
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- pinch ground cloves
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoon coconut butter, melted (Optional: add some sweetener and/or vanilla to make more like an “icing”)
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a small bowl. Once incorporated, gradually add to the wet mix and combine until smooth.
- Add shredded carrots, raisins, and/or chocolate chips/cacao nibs. Allow the dough to thicken by setting aside for 3-5 mins.
- Shape dough into bars/cookies on the prepared baking sheet, using your hands and ⅓ cup measurement of dough for each bar.
- Bake bars for 22-25 minutes. The bottoms will be golden brown and a toothpick will be clean when inserted and removed. Once finished baking, remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes then move to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled completely, drizzle with coconut butter “icing”.
Certified Wellness Coach
*Results will vary. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.