Ok, I know I can’t be the only one that probably eats more of the dough than actual cookies when I bake them…Well, ok fine. I love both! I’ve actually sought out versions of vegan cookie dough in stores just so I could be safe (no eggs) eating it raw with a spoon. So, if you’re like me and you really, REALLY love cookie dough, but you don’t want to feel guilty (or even sick 😉 ) from eating so much sugar and artificial ingredients in normal dough recipes, this is for YOU! Believe it or not, this version of chocolate chip cookie dough is LOADED with protein. It tastes absolutely incredible! You’d never guess it’s super healthy and made with chickpeas, LEAN protein, is vegan and gluten-free!
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 servings FITTEAM LEAN
- 2 tbs Nut Butter (I used Almond Butter.)
- 1 tbs Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup Chocolate Chips or Cacao Nibs (I used this vegan, dairy-free version.)
- Add chickpeas to a large food processor and process until smooth (You’ll need to scrape the edges occasionally to make sure everything is incorporated.)
- Add remaining ingredients and process until a dough-like consistency forms.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse 2-3 times to evenly disperse the chips.
- Remove dough from the processor and eat up!
- The dough can be formed into cookie dough balls for a quick and easy dessert treat on the go!
- You can also make cookie dough dip by adding almond milk (about 1/4 cup) to thin out the dough for better perfect dipping. 🙂 Serve with apple slices, graham crackers, or even cookie chips! WHAT?!
- Leftover dough in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Certified Wellness Coach
*Results will vary. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.