27 Apr Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
Posted at 02:38h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 8 hours | 4 Servings
- 1 1/2 cups Oats (quick oats work best)
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tbsps Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Apple (cored and diced)
- 1 cup Walnuts (chopped)
- Combine oats, almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and water in a large glass container. Stir well to evenly mix. Cover and store in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from fridge. Use single-serving size jars (250 mL or 500 mL in size) and place a few spoonfuls of the oat mixture in the bottom of each. Then add a layer of diced apple followed by a layer of chopped walnuts. Repeat until all ingredients are used up.
- Store in the fridge up to 4 days or until ready to eat. Add an extra splash of almond milk and/or a drizzle of honey (optional).
- MORE PROTEIN: Add hemp seeds or a spoonful of nut butter.
- WARM IT UP: Heat in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds before eating.
- NO MAPLE SYRUP: Use honey to sweeten instead.
- LEFTOVERS: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 393
- Fat = 25g
- Saturated Fat = 2g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 38g
- Fiber = 8g
- Sugar = 9g
- Protein = 10g
- Cholesterol = 0mg
- Sodium = 65mg
- Vitamin A = 214IU
- Vitamin C = 3mg
- Calcium = 265mg
- Iron = 3mg