16 Sep Apple Crisp
Posted at 02:21h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 60 minutes | 8 Servings
- 2 Apple (cored and sliced)
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup (divided)
- 1tbsp Coconut Flour (or 1 tbsp)
- 1/4 Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 3/4 Oats
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/3 Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Coconut Ice Cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC). Place coconut oil in freezer to chill.
- Add apples, 1/3 of the maple syrup, coconut flour and applesauce to a medium bowl and toss until coated. Set aside while you make the crust.
- Add the oat flour, oats, the remaining 2/3 of the maple syrup, baking powder and sea salt to a different bowl and stir until combined.
- Remove coconut oil from the freezer and add to mixture. Use your fingers to work it in until coarse crumbs form and the mixture holds together when pressed.
- Remove a 1/3 of the crumbs for the topping and pour the remaining crumbs into the bottom of a tart pan or pie dish. Press the dough evenly into the pan.
- Pour the apples over the crust. Sprinkle the remaining crumble evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 40 to 45 min or until the crust is lightly brown. Check at 20 to 30 minutes if the tart is getting too brown. If so, tent with foil to prevent burning.
- Scoop into bowls and serve with coconut ice cream.
- LEFTOVERS: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to three days. Freeze for up to two months.
- HOMEMADE OAT FLOUR: Pulse oats in a food processor until oats resemble fine crumbs. 1.5 cups of oats will yield approximately 1 cup of oat flour.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 302
- Fat = 14g
- Saturated Fat = 11g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 36g
- Fiber = 4g
- Sugar = 18g
- Protein = 4g
- Cholesterol = 0mg
- Sodium = 218mg
- Vitamin A = 271IU
- Vitamin C = 2mg
- Calcium = 64mg
- Iron = 1mg