16 May Apple Crumble Bites
Posted at 02:14h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 35 minutes | 4 Servings
- 1/2 cup Canned Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Apple (medium; cored and sliced into 1/2-inch wedges)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (176ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the coconut milk to a bowl. Add the flax and cinnamon to a second bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the apple wedges into the coconut milk, in batches if needed, and toss to evenly coat the apples. One apple wedge at a time, press each side into the flax mixture. Gently tap off the excess flax coated then transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining apple wedges.
- Bake for 20 to 24 minutes carefully flipping halfway through or until the apples are tender. Let the apple wedges cool slightly on the pan before serving. Enjoy!
- LEFTOVERS: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Enjoy cold or reheat in the oven until just warmed through.
- SERVING SIZE: One serving is approximately 6 to 8 wedges, or half of an apple.
- MORE FLAVOR: Add vanilla extract to the coconut milk. Add nutmeg or allspice to the flax mixture.
- SERVE WITH: Drizzle of honey or yogurt for dipping.
- APPLE: Gala apples were used to create this recipe.
Nutrition Per Serving:
- Calories = 172
- Fat = 10g
- Saturated Fat = 5g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 18g
- Fiber = 6g
- Sugar = 10g
- Protein = 4g
- Cholesterol = 0mg
- Sodium = 9mg
- Vitamin A = 51IU
- Vitamin C = 4mg
- Calcium = 33mg
- Iron = 1mg