11 May How Can Vitamin B12 Improve Energy Levels?
Vitamin B12 plays a crucial role in energy metabolism. It helps convert food into glucose, which is used as fuel for the body. Vitamin B12 also helps to maintain healthy nerve cells, which can improve mental alertness and prevent brain fog.
At FITTEAM we understand the value of B12 which is why we include B12 in our FIT and FIT+ products! However, there are many ways along with supplements to get the B12 you need. Below we review some of the best sources of vitamin B12.
Here are some of the best food sources of vitamin B12:
- – Clams – 84 micrograms per 3-ounce serving
- – Beef liver – 70.7 micrograms per 3-ounce serving
- – Fortified breakfast cereals – varies by brand, check nutrition labels
- – Trout – 5.4 micrograms per 3-ounce serving
- – Salmon – 4.8 micrograms per 3-ounce serving
- – Tuna – 2.5 micrograms per 3-ounce serving
- – Yogurt – 1.3 micrograms per 8-ounce serving
- – Milk – 1.2 micrograms per 8-ounce serving
- – Cheese – varies by type, check nutrition labels
Supplements such as FITTEAM FIT AND FIT+ are also an option for those who are not getting enough vitamin B12 through their diets. However, it’s important to talk to your doctor before taking any supplements and changing your diet.
Vitamin B12 is essential for energy metabolism and getting enough of it is crucial for maintaining optimal energy levels. By incorporating more vitamin B12-rich foods into your diet, and by adding FIT or FIT+ into your daily routine, you can help improve your energy levels and feel more alert and focused throughout the day.
- 1. National Institutes of Health. (2021). Vitamin B12. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminB12-Consumer/
- 2. Harvard Health Publishing. (2017). Vitamin B12 deficiency can be sneaky, harmful. https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/vitamin-b12-deficiency-can-be-sneaky-harmful-201301105780
- 3. Healthline. (2021). 8 Signs and Symptoms of Vitamin B12 Deficiency. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-b12-deficiency-symptoms