28 Aug Baked Cod with Green Beans & Carrots
Posted at 18:03h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 35 minutes | 2 Servings
- 2 Carrots (large, peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2 cups Green Beans (trimmed)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (melted, divided)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 Cod Fillet
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (176ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the carrots and green beans to the baking sheet and season with half of the coconut oil and half of the salt. Toss to evenly coat, arrange in a single layer, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the paprika, turmeric, cumin, ginger, and remaining salt.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and flip. Make space for the cod fillets in the center of the baking sheet. Add the fillets and drizzle with the remaining coconut oil and the spice blend. Rub to coat all sides evenly. Continue to bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily and the vegetables are tender. Divide between plates and enjoy!
- LEFTOVERS: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Freeze in a storage bag for up to one month.
- MORE FLAVOR: Add other dried herbs and spices.
- NO COD FILLETS: Use another white fish.
- VEGETABLES: Use and vegetables you have on hand.
- FILLET SIZE: One cod fillet is equal to 231 grams or 8 ounces.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 311
- Fat = 9g
- Saturated Fat = 6g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 14g
- Fiber = 5g
- Sugar = 6g
- Protein = 44g
- Cholesterol = 99mg
- Sodium = 469mg
- Vitamin A = 11260IU
- Vitamin C = 18mg
- Calcium = 99mg
- Iron = 3mg