03 Feb Beef Cabbage Soup
Posted at 16:49h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 6 Hours | 6 Servings
- 10 1/2 oz Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 3 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsps Tomato Paste
- 6 cups Beef Broth (low sodium)
- 2 cups Diced Tomatoes (from the can,with the juice)
- 3 cups Green Cabbage (chopped)
- 2 Carrots (medium, chopped)
- Add the beef to the pan, breaking it up as it cooks. Once it is cooked through and no longer pink, drain any excess drippings from the pan.
- Add the onion and cook for three to five minutes until softened. Stir in the garlic, salt, pepper and tomato paste and cook for another minute.
- Add the broth and diced tomatoes and stir to combine the add the cabbage and carrots. Bring the soup to a gentle boil then reduce heat slight to simmer for 30 to 35 minutes or until the carrots and cabbage are tender.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed then divide between bowls. Enjoy!
- LEFTOVERS:Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days or freeze for up to two months.
- SERVING SIZE: One serving is approximately equal to two cups.
- MORE FLAVOR: Add other dried herbs and spices to taste, like red pepper flakes, paprika, cumin, or parsley.
- NO GROUND BEEF: Use ground chicken, turkey, or pork.
- MORE VEGGIES: Add celery, zucchini, or kale.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 287
- Fat = 15g
- Saturated Fat = 6g
- Trans Fat = 1g
- Carbs = 17g
- Fiber = 5g
- Sugar = 10g
- Protein = 20g
- Cholesterol = 53mg
- Sodium = 1439mg
- Vitamin A = 5795IU
- Vitamin C = 41mg
- Calcium = 99mg
- Iron = 4mg