28 Aug Broccoli Cheddar Bites
Posted at 18:08h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 35 minutes | 2 Servings
- 2 cups Broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 oz Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Place the broccoli in a steamer basket over the boiling water and cover for about 5 to 7 minutes or until fork-tender. Allow the broccoli to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Finely chop the steamed broccoli and add to a large mixing bowl with the egg, garlic, cheese, flax and salt. Stir to combine.
- Using damp hands, roll the broccoli mixture into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the balls are golden brown on the bottom and just spongy to the touch. Enjoy!
- LEFTOVERS: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days or freeze for up to a month.
- SERVING SIZE: One serving is about 8 bites.
- DAIRY FREE: Use a dairy-free cheese instead.
- MORE FLAVOR: Add finely chopped green onion, onion powder or dried parsley.
- SERVE WITH: Ranch dip or marinara sauce.
- NO BROCCOLI: Use cauliflower instead.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 195
- Fat = 12g
- Saturated Fat = 4g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 11g
- Fiber = 5g
- Sugar = 2g
- Protein = 12g
- Cholesterol = 107mg
- Sodium = 452mg
- Vitamin A = 876IU
- Vitamin C = 82mg
- Calcium = 179mg
- Iron = 2mg