09 Nov CRUNCHY DETOX SALAD
CRUNCHY DETOX SALAD
Besides being crunchy, colorful and crazy fun to eat, this salad is loaded with veggies packed with fiber, nutrients and phytochemicals which stimulate enzymes in our liver (the organ responsible for detoxing). This salad will naturally kickstart the detox process by helping to eliminate toxins while leaving you full. It will help cleanse and rid ourselves of the bad, while also boosting our immune system. Yum!
Serves 6 Time: 30 Mins
- 2 cups (raw) cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups (raw) broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups fresh parsley, minced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- ½ cup almonds, sliced
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 3 Tbsp walnut, avocado or olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- ¼ cup coconut vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Directions for Salad:
- Chop the ingredients either using a knife or a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss with the vinaigrette.
Directions for Vinaigrette:
- Place the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a jar with a lid. Place the lid on the jar and shake the ingredients. Or place all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to incorporate well. Best if refrigerated for up to an hour before use.
-Health & Wellness Coach
Inspired by: https://www.theharvestkitchen.com/crunchy-detox-salad/