15 Dec Eggs in a Butternut Squash Nest
Posted at 00:11h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes | 1 Servings
- 3/4 cup Butternut Squash (spiralized into noodles)
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Egg
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Microgreens (optional)
- Form the spiralized squash noodles into nests, making a small well in the center for the egg.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add the coconut oil. Use a spatula to transfer the squash nests to the pan and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Crack eggs into cups and transfer them into the wells of the squash nests. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the whites have set and it is cooked to your liking. Cover the pan with a lid to speed up the cooking time.
- Transfer the egg nests onto a plate and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Garnish with microgreens (optional) and enjoy!
- NO SQUASH: Use spiralized sweet potato, beets or zucchini instead.
- SAVE TIME: Use store bought spiralized veggies.
- SPIRALIZING SQUASH: Use a spiralizer machine to create spirals with the long part of the butternut squash, not the bulb. Peel first and then cut in half horizontally to spiralize.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 234
- Fat = 14g
- Saturated Fat = 7g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 14g
- Fiber = 2g
- Sugar = 3g
- Protein = 14g
- Cholesterol = 372mg
- Sodium = 146mg
- Vitamin A = 11702IU
- Vitamin C = 25mg
- Calcium = 109mg
- Iron = 3mg