19 Oct FIT Gelatin Snacks Recipe
Who doesn’t like Jell-O© snacks?! I mean, really?! They’re fun to make, fun to eat, and can be tweaked to have a macronutrient (protein, carbs, and fat) profile that supports your health and weight loss goals. I’m going to show you how to make a healthier version of your typical Jell-O© snack, but just know, you can always use the classic pack of Jell-O© instead if you choose 🙂 The pure form of gelatin (and what gives Jell-O© it’s jiggly texture) is naturally high in protein. Not only that, gelatin has been shown to have a plethora of health benefits ranging from aiding in the healing of digestive and gut ailments to improving quality of sleep, mood, and even your skin.
- 1 packet FITTEAM FIT
- 1 pack Plain Gelatin (I used Gelatine. This is where you can substitute regular or reduced-sugar versions of Jell-O©. Just be sure to adjust your recipe. I used 1 individual pack (not entire box) of Gelatine, so if you choose to use Jell-O, follow the instructions for the box, and I would try adding a FIT for each quarter of a box you use for Jell-O.)
- In a big bowl, combine a packet of FIT and packet of Gelatine.
- Heat 2.5 cups of water. You don’t have to boil it, just make sure it’s hot enough to dissolve the gelatin.
- Pour the water into the bowl. Stir until everything is dissolved and there are no more bits of powder.
- Place the entire bow the whole thing in your fridge and leave it overnight so it sets. **OR** Rather than sticking the entire bowl in the fridge, pour into your favorite rubber molds to create fun shapes! Allow to set overnight in the fridge. Then enjoy any time you’re feeling FIT!