01 Feb Go for No!
Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There By: Richard Fenton & Andrea Waltz
“The salesperson never decides when the sale is over; the customer does.”
“Courage is acting in the face of fear. It’s being afraid of something and doing it anyway.”
“Yes is the destination, No is how you get there!”
• Be like a kid and keep asking and keep getting rejected until you get “Yes”
• Fall in love with “No!”
• 85% of all interactions between retail salespeople and shoppers end without the salesperson ever asking for a buying decision
• There is magic in the word “Next”
• When everything in life is over and done with, no one will remember your failures, just your successes. And neither will you.
• 92% of all salespeople give up without asking for the sale a fifth time, but research also shows that sixty percent of all customers say no four times before they finally say yes.
• Look at “No” as “Not yet.”
• Fail big
Cited from Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There