12 Feb Healthy Chocolate Hearts
Gluten free / dairy free / egg free / paleo / vegan option / refined sugar free / raw
These yummy chocolate hearts will not only satisfy your tastebuds, but they’ll get your heart pumping in a whole ‘nother way. Did you know Maca root, while loaded with B-Vitamins, amino acids, and vitamin C, also regulates your hormones? Specifically, when it comes to sexual function, maca has been shown to increase stamina and boost libido. Talk about a Valentine’s Day treat…
- 3 Tbs Unrefined, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbs Peanut Butter (You can substitute with Almond Butter or extra Coconut Oil as a nut-free option.)
- 2 Tbs Raw Cacao
- 1 Tbs Maca Powder
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- ½ – 1 tablespoon Raw Honey (or other sweetener, such as Maple Syrup or Agave Nectar)
- Filling suggestions (optional): Nuts, dried fruit, shredded coconut, raspberry preserves
You’ll also need silicon molds (we used heart shapes for Valentine’s Day 🙂
- Melt ingredients together using a double boiler method (Place ingredients in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water), stirring continuously.
- Add any filling (optional) to silicone mold and top with melted chocolate.
- Place in freezer until set (about 30 minutes).
- Share the love! (These are best kept in the freezer or fridge right up until serving/gifting.)
-Health & Wellness Coach
Resource(s): (Picture and Recipe inspiration)