02 Jul Your Independence Day Celebration Dessert
Coconut Water & Fresh Berry Popsicles – Your Independence Day Celebration Dessert
These pops are not only delicious, they are loaded with nutrients and take minimal effort to prepare!
Coconut Water contains five essential electrolytes (calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and sodium) to help keep your body hydrated and functioning at it’s best.
Blueberries are rich in proanthocyanidin, which is an antioxidant that’s proven to fight cancer, aid in weight loss and give you clear, glowing skin.
Another powerful antioxidant, strawberries, are loaded with Vitamin C, the infamous immunity booster that protects our bodies from free radicals affecting our health.
You’ve probably heard of raspberry ketones, right? Well, research around raspberries has lead to to the discovery that phytonutrients in this fruit can increase the metabolism of our fat cells, aiding us in our weightloss efforts.
- Fresh Berries (I used blueberries, raspberries, and sliced strawberries)
- Coconut Water (I used Harmless Harvest coconut water)
You’ll also need: Popsicle molds, popsicle sticks and plastic wrap.
- Place berries in popsicle molds (smaller pieces will go to the bottom, others will have to be gently nudged into the mold).
- Pour coconut water over the berries to fill the popsicle mold.
- Insert popsicle sticks.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for several hours.
- When ready to serve, allow molds to sit at room temperature for a few minutes for easy release.
-Health & Wellness Coach
Recipe and photo credit: www.backtothebooknutrition.com