06 Nov Low Carb Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes”
Low Carb Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes”
It’s already November. Bring on the cool weather, cozy sweaters, and comfort food!
You’re probably looking for tasty (yet healthy) options as you begin the planning for your holiday feasts. If you’ve never tried cauliflower mash, it might be time you considered adding it to your repertoire of healthier options. Compared to original mashed potato recipes, cauliflower mash is low-carb, Ketogenic and Paleo diet friendly, and (with this recipe) equally as delicious!
Serves: 2 cups
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp organic, grass-fed butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- (optional) 2 ounces dubliner or other sharp cheese
- (optional) 4 strips bacon, cooked
- salt and pepper
- Clean and trim the cauliflower, breaking it into medium sized pieces.
- Place cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl with 2 Tbsp of cream and 1 Tbsp of butter.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for six minutes. Stir to coat cauliflower with cream/butter mixture. Microwave for another six minutes on high.
- Remove bowl from the microwave and put into a high speed blender or food processor with the cheese and garlic.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add cooked bacon bits into mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts (without bacon)
Serving size: ½ cup Calories: 148 Fat: 11g Carbohydrates: 4g Protein: 6g
-Health & Wellness Coach
Inspired by: Mellissa Sevigny at https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com