28 Jan Manhattan-Style Fish Chowder
Posted at 16:32h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 30 minutes | 8 Servings
- 3 1/2 cups Vegetable Broth (divided)
- 1 White Onion (large, diced)
- 1 stalk Celery (diced)
- 1 Carrot (medium, diced)
- 1 tsp Thyme (fresh, plus more for optional garnish)
- 1 cup White Cooking Wine
- 1 tbsp Tapioca Flour
- 3 cups Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cups Mini Potatoes (quartered)
- 3 Haddock Fillet (cubed) Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Heat a few tablespoons of the broth in a pot over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, celery, carrot, and thyme until soft, about five to eight minutes. Add a splash of water as needed to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the white wine and tapioca flour in a small bowl to create a slurry. Add the slurry to the veggies and stir well.
- Add the diced tomatoes, potatoes, and remaining broth. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the haddock and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Divide into bowls, garnish with more thyme (optional) and enjoy!
- LEFTOVERS: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
- SERVING SIZE: One serving is approximately two cups of chowder.
- MORE FLAVOR: Add bay leaves, bacon and/or sausage. Sauteed the veggies with oil instead of broth.
- SERVE IT WITH: Crackers or crusty bread.
- NO HADDOCK: Use Tilapia or cod instead.
- HADDOCK FILLET: Each haddock fillet is equal to 150 grams or 5.3 ounces.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 139
- Fat = 0g
- Saturated Fat = 0g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 14g
- Fiber = 2g
- Sugar = 4g
- Protein = 14g
- Cholesterol = 39mg
- Sodium = 658mg
- Vitamin A = 1948IU
- Vitamin C = 19mg
- Calcium =39mg
- Iron = 1mg