18 Jan Navy Bean Tomato Soup
Posted at 15:00h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 20 minutes | 8 Servings
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 3 1/2 cups Diced Tomatoes (from the can, with juices)
- 2 cup White Navy Beans (cooked) Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Plain Greek Yogurt
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Add the diced tomatoes, beans, and Italian seasoning. Cook on a low simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the Greek yogurt. Use an immersion blender or a high-powered blender to blend the soup until it is smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Divide evenly between bowls and enjoy!
- LEFTOVERS:Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
- SERVING SIZE: One serving is equal to approximately 1/2 cup.
- DAIRY FREE:Omit the yogurt or use coconut milk and/or coconut yogurt instead.
- CONSISTENCY: For a thinner consistency, add water or broth to the soup before blending. Strain the soup through a sieve before serving.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 104
- Fat = 1g
- Saturated Fat = 0g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 17g
- Fiber = 6g
- Sugar = 3g
- Protein = 6g
- Cholesterol = 2mg
- Sodium = 27mg
- Vitamin A = 516IU
- Vitamin C = 12mg
- Calcium = 83mg
- Iron = 2mg