03 May ONE-POT Coconut Chicken and Quinoa
Posted at 18:15h in FITTEAM Recipes
- 8 oz. pkg. sliced white mushrooms
- 4 Tbsp. unrefined coconut oil, divided
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. fresh black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1¾ cup water
- 1 dry whole bay leaf
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, packed
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 Tbs liquid Coconut Aminos
- red pepper flakes
- fresh chopped cilantro
- Additional Veggies: Bell Pepper, Onion, Broccoli, Asparagus, Walnuts, Pinenuts
- In a 3 quart saute pan, melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms (and any other veggies you choose), and garlic, and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender.
- Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon, leaving excess oil in the pan.
- To the same pan, add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper. Increase heat to high and cook until lightly browned, stirring occasionally; about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa, water and bay leaf; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, partially covered, about 15 minutes. Quinoa is completely cooked once most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- When quinoa is done cooking, remove the bay leaf.
- To the pan, add spinach and stir until slightly wilted, about 1 minute.
- Add cooked veggies, along with the coconut amino sauce. Stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Optional: Add more veggies, top with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, fresh chopped cilantro and pinenuts. YUM!
Health and Wellness Coach
Katya @ https://www.littlebroken.com