17 Mar Pan Fried Haddock with Broccoli & Green Beans
Posted at 17:32h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 20 minutes | 2 Servings
- 2 cups Green Beans (trimmed)
- 1 1/2 cups Broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Coriander
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 tsps Coconut Oil
- 2 Haddock Fillet
- Add the green beans and broccoli to a steamer basket over boiling water. Steam for seven to nine minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the turmeric, cumin, coriander, ginger, and salt. Add the coconut oil to a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Rub the seasoning on both sides of the fillets until evenly coated. Place a seasoned fillet in the pan and cook for two to three minutes per side or until the fillet is just browned and flakes easily. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and season with additional salt if needed.
- Add more oil to the pan if needed and continue to cook the remaining fillets. (Fish cooks more evenly and is easier to flip if the pan is not overcrowded.) To serve, divide the fish and vegetables between plates. Enjoy!
- LEFTOVERS: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
- MORE FLAVOR: Add other dried herbs and spices or use a yellow curry powder instead.
- NO GREEN BEANS: Use a cauliflower, carrots or peas instead.
- NO HADDOCK: Use sold or Tilapia instead.
- FILLET SIZE: Each haddock fillet is equal to 150 grams or 5.3 ounces. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the fillet.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 233
- Fat = 5g
- Saturated Fat = 3g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 13g
- Fiber = 5g
- Sugar = 4g
- Protein = 35g
- Cholesterol = 104mg
- Sodium = 588mg
- Vitamin A = 1232IU
- Vitamin C = 73mg
- Calcium = 98mg
- Iron = 3mg