28 Apr Pressure Cooker Roast Beef & Vegetables
Posted at 16:41h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 1 hour 45 minutes | 6 Servings
- 2 1/4 lbs Top Sirloin Beef Roast
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 4 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 1/2 Beef Broth
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 4 Carrot (peeled, chopped)
- 3 cups Celery Root (peeled, cut into
- 2 tsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 1/3 tbsp Water
- Cut the roast into 4 to 5 equal size pieces and season all sides with the salt.
- Turn your pressure cooker to sauté mode and add the avocado oil. Sear the beef 2 to 3 minutes per side, working in batches if needed. Transfer the beef to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pot along with a splash of the beef broth. Cook the onions and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes until the onions have softened. Add the remaining beef broth and the coconut aminos and stir to combine. Place the beef in the pot in a single even layer. Close the lid.
- Set to “sealing”, then press manual/pressure cooker and cook for 40 minutes on high pressure. Once it is done, release the pressure manually. Remove the lid carefully.
- Add the carrots and celery root to the pot. Close the lid. Set to “sealing”, then press manual/pressure cooker and continue to cook for another 15 minutes on high pressure. Once it is done, release the pressure manually. Remove the lid carefully. Using a slotted spoon, remove the beef and vegetables to a plate and keep warm.
- In a small bowl combine the arrowroot powder and water until a slurry forms. Turn the pressure cooker to sauté mode. Bring the sauce to a simmer then add in the arrowroot powder mixture and stir well to combine. Let the sauce simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until glossy and thickened slightly. Season with additional salt if needed.
- To serve, shred the beef with a fork. Divide the meat and vegetables between plates and top generously with the sauce. Enjoy!
- LEFTOVERS: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
- ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS: Season with black pepper or add fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme.
- NO COCONUT AMINOS: Use tamari instead.
- NO CELERY ROOT: Use yellow potatoes instead.
- NO TOP SIRLOIN ROAST: Use another cut of beef instead.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 364
- Fat = 11g
- Saturated Fat = 3g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 15g
- Fiber = 3g
- Sugar = 5g
- Protein = 51g
- Cholesterol = 140mg
- Sodium = 765mg
- Vitamin A = 6806IU
- Vitamin C = 9mg
- Calcium = 69mg
- Iron = 6mg