28 May Pressure Cooker Roasted Chicken
Posted at 16:46h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 50 minutes | 6 Servings
- 1 Lemon (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Parsley
- 3 1/3 lbs Whole Roasting Chicken
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 cup Water
- Stuff the lemon and parsley inside the cavity of the chicken. Drizzle the chicken with the oil and sprinkle with salt, thyme and oregano. Rub to coat the chicken with the oil and seasoning on all sides.
- Add the metal rack to your pressure cooker along with the water. Place the seasoned chicken on top of the rack and close the lid.
- Set to “sealing”, then press manual/pressure cooker and cook for 20 minutes on high pressure (or 6 minutes per pound). Once it is done, let the pressure release naturally for 10 to 15 minutes then release the rest of the pressure manually if needed.
- Remove the lid carefully and transfer the cooked chicken to a serving dish. Enjoy!
- LEFTOVERS: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Freeze in a storage bag for up to one month.
- CRISPIER CHICKEN: One add garlic powder or other dried herbs.
- MORE FLAVOR: Broil the cooked chicken until the skin browns.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 301
- Fat = 9g
- Saturated Fat = 2g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 1g
- Fiber = 0g
- Sugar = 0g
- Protein = 51g
- Cholesterol = 162mg
- Sodium = 584mg
- Vitamin A = 549IU
- Vitamin C = 10mg
- Calcium = 42mg
- Iron = 3mg