28 Jun Pressure Cooker Thai Chicken & Vegetables
Posted at 16:53h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 40 minutes | 4 Servings
- 1 cup Canned Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- Thai Red Curry Paste
- 2 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 tbsp Ginger (fresh, minced)
- 2 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups Green Beans
- 1 cup Kale Leaves (chopped)
- In the pot of the pressure cooker whisk the coconut milk, chicken broth, red curry paste, coconut aminos, ginger and garlic together. Add the chicken and close the lid.
- Set to “sealing”, then press manual/pressure cooker and cook for 8 minutes on high pressure. Once it is done, release the pressure manually. Remove the lid carefully and transfer the cooked chicken to a plate.
- Turn the pressure cooker to sauté mode. Let the sauce reduce and thicken for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the bell pepper, onion, green beans and kale to the sauce and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Meanwhile, chop the cooked chicken breast. Add the chicken to the pot with the cooked vegetables and stir to combine. Divide between plates and enjoy!
- LEFTOVERS: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Freeze in a storage bag for up to one month.
- MORE FLAVOR: Add lime, cilantro or fish sauce. For a spicier dish, use more curry paste or add red pepper flakes or hot sauce. For a sweeter curry, add honey or coconut sugar.
- SERVE IT WITH: Brown rice, jasmine rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice or naan.
- NO CHICKEN BREAST: Use chicken thighs instead.
- NO GREEN BEANS: Use another vegetable like snap peas pr broccoli.
- NO KALE: Use spinach or book coy instead.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 293
- Fat = 14g
- Saturated Fat = 11g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 12g
- Fiber = 2g
- Sugar = 6g
- Protein = 28g
- Cholesterol = 84mg
- Sodium = 644mg
- Vitamin A = 2978IU
- Vitamin C = 49mg
- Calcium = 48mg
- Iron = 2mg