17 Sep Protein Power Balls!
Protein Power Balls!
Can’t seem to get enough protein? We’ve got your back!
This recipe is a power-packed protein ball recipe that’s loaded with protein, superfoods, and antioxidant benefits! If you make a bunch at the beginning of the week you’ll have a great snack option that not only leaves you satiated, but satisfies those mid-afternoon cravings, too!
- 330 g Raw, Whole Almonds, Walnuts or Pistachios
- 60g Protein
- 20 Dates, pitted
- 3 TBS Raw Cacao
- 1 TBS Maca
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 serving Greens Superfood Powder
- Pinch Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- *Optional (for rolling and covering): Coconut Flakes, Goji berries, Raw Cacao Powder, Chopped Nuts, Matcha Tea Powder. Also optional: A few drops of liquid Stevia as an extra sweetener – Add this in Step 3 below.
(Photo and Recipe Inspired by: https://www.thehealthychef.com/2011/09/protein-power-balls/)
- Toss almonds/walnuts/pistachios into a food processor with cinnamon, protein powder, maca, superfood greens, and cacao powder.
- Process until the mix looks crumbly.
- Add dates and vanilla extract.
- Process again until the mix starts to come together (You may need to stir and combine a few times.)
- Add a little water (if needed), so that mixture is dough-like.
- Form into 14, 1-1.5 inch-sized balls.
- *(Optional) Roll balls into coating(s) of choice.
- Store in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy!
Lasts up to 4 weeks in the fridge.
Also, check out some of our previous recipes for protein: Bowl Recipes, Paleo Protein Bars, and you can even add your favorite protein powder to the Matcha Tea Energy Bars!
-Health & Wellness Coach