21 Jun Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
Posted at 18:55h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 45 Minutes | 8 Servings
- 1 1/4 cups Oats (quick or rolled)
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Flax Seed
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1 cup Pitted Dates (chopped)
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Pureed Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Raw Honey
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 Carrot (grated)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, flax seed, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt, baking powder, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and chopped dates together in a bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Whisk egg in a separate mixing bowl. Add pumpkin, honey, coconut oil and grated carrot. Mix well to combine.
- Add dry ingredients in with the wet and mix well until a dough-like consistency forms.
- Form cookies with the dough and transfer to the baking sheet. (Tip: Use a lid from a large-mouth mason jar as a mould.)
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes depending on how crispy you like your cookies. Remove from oven and let cool. Enjoy!
- Leftovers: Freeze in the freezer-safe bag or container for up to one month.
- Make it Sweeter: Add in a handful of dark chocolate chips.
- Vegan: Use maple syrup instead of honey and a chia egg instead of an egg.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 255
- Fat = 11g
- Saturated Fat = 3g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 38g
- Fiber = 6g
- Sugar = 21g
- Protein = 7g
- Cholesterol = 23mg
- Sodium = 183mg
- Vitamin A = 4887IU
- Vitamin C = 2mg
- Calcium = 95mg
- Iron = 3mg