18 Jan Recovery Power Smoothie Recipe
Recovery Power Smoothie Recipe
Mango has various antioxidant compounds including quercetin and isoquercetin, that also act as carotenoids, boosting the immune system and fighting cancer .
Ginger & Turmeric (both in the same family) have high levels of anti-inflammatory benefits in the body.
Turmeric’s active ingredient curcumin is known for its antioxidant and anti-cancer properties, and the root, itself has anti-bacterial and antifungal properties. – They’re amazing superfoods!
Cinnamon, along with it’s antibacterial and antiviral properties, research has shown a reduction of cytokines (inflammatory regulatory molecules) in the body.
Flax seeds, chia seeds and walnuts are rich in omega 3 fatty acids, which aid in recovery by lubricating joints and decrease effects of inflammation.
Probiotics (like those found in yogurt and kefir) are the“good” bacteria that aligns our gut and balances the beneficial bacteria to keep things operating properly.
L-Glutamine is an amino acid that plays a fundamental role in the repair and regrowth of our digestive and immune systems to ensure overall wellbeing.
- 1½ cups of unsweetened flax milk
- ½ cup frozen mangos
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- 1 tsp walnut oil
- ½ inch fresh ginger root
- ½ inch fresh turmeric root
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tsp flax seed oil
- 1 scoop L-glutamine powder *
- 1 Pack FITTEAM Lean (For added, muscle-building benefits.)
- ¼ C Plain, Greek Yogurt
- Optional: Sweeten with ½-1 Packet Stevia
- *You can get this at most vitamin stores and some specialty grocery stores.
- Place the flax milk in the blender first and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend on high for 35 seconds or until desired consistency (You might choose to add some ice for a different texture or need to blend longer/shorter depending on your preference.)
- Enjoy! 🙂
-Health & Wellness Coach
Photo Cred: https://livelovefruit.com/pineapple-turmeric-smoothie-reverses-cancer-causing-inflammation/