16 Oct Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Kale Chips
Posted at 01:50h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 90 minutes | 4 Servings
- 4 cups Butternut Squash
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (plus extra for garnish)
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 2 Apple (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 1 Sweet Onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (grated)
- 4 cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 tsps Sea Salt (divided)
- 4 cups Kale Leaves (cut into large pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 420ºF (216ºC). Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Place on a baking sheet with the flesh side up. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the squash from the oven and let cool. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh and set aside. Discard the skin.
- Place a large pot over medium heat and add half of the olive oil. Add the apples, onion, and ginger and saute for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the vegetable broth, cooked squash, and half of the sea salt. Reduce heat to a simmer. Let simmer while you prepare the kale chips.
- Set the oven to 350ºF (177ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place your kale in a large bowl and massage it with your remaining olive oil and sea salt. Transfer kale leaves to the baking sheet in a single layer. Don’t overcrowd. Place in the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven when crisp and let cool.
- Using a blender or immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. Divide soup between bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Serve with kale chips for dipping. Enjoy!
- LEFTOVERS: Refrigerate for up to four days. Freeze for up to three months.
- MORE PROTEIN: Blend in a 1 can of cooked red lentils or top with some shredded chicken breast
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 218
- Fat = 8g
- Saturated Fat = 1g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 39g
- Fiber = 7g
- Sugar = 18g
- Protein = 3g
- Cholesterol = 0mg
- Sodium = 1859mg
- Vitamin A = 16470IU
- Vitamin C = 58mg
- Calcium = 156mg
- Iron = 2mg