26 Feb Roasted Garlic & Asparagus Soup
Posted at 15:52h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 50 minutes | 4 Servings
- 4 cups Asparagus (trimmed, cut in half)
- 10 Garlic (cloves, peeled and cut inhalf)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (cut into thick slices)
- 1/4 Cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 2 1/2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- Preheat the oven to 350oF (176oC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the asparagus, garlic, onion and cauliflower with the olive oil and arrange in an even layer on the baking sheet. Season the vegetables with half of the salt then bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the vegetables have caramelized and the garlic is fork-tender. Flip everything halfway through to prevent burning.
- When the vegetables are just about done, heat the vegetable broth in a pot on the stove to a simmer. Add the spinach to the broth and stir to allow it to wilt.
- To make the soup, transfer the warmed broth and spinach, the roasted vegetables and the remaining salt to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, allowing space for the heat to escape. If the soup is too thick, add more broth until your desired consistency is reached.
- Divide between bowls and enjoy!
- LEFTOVERS: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days.
- SERVING SIZE:One serving is approximately 1 1/4 cups of soup.
- MORE FLAVOR:Add fresh herbs or black pepper to the soup before blending.
- ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS: Reserve a couple of spears of the roasted asparagus to chop and garnish the soup with.
- NO SPINACH: Use Kale instead
- NO BLENDER: Use an immersion hand blender or food processor instead.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 93
- Fat = 4g
- Saturated Fat = 1g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 13g
- Fiber = 4g
- Sugar = 5g
- Protein = 5g
- Cholesterol = 0mg
- Sodium = 731mg
- Vitamin A = 2749IU
- Vitamin C = 32mg
- Calcium = 78mg
- Iron = 4mg