12 Jan Salmon and Asparagus Packets
These simple, delicious and heart-healthy Salmon and Asparagus packets are perfect for a no-fuss weeknight dinner but elegant enough for a special occasion like Valentine’s Day! Packed with Omega-3’s and 47g of protein, this is sure to be a crowd pleaser for those not wanting to compromise on taste or nutrition! Dietitian Tip: Enjoy this meal while following the FIT5 meal plan!
Salmon and Asparagus Packets
4 6-oz skinless salmon filets
1 pound of fresh asparagus, trim the ends about 1 inch
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 lemon, sliced thin
Optional: garnish with dill and/or a side of mixed greens
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut four sheets of aluminum foil, about 10-12” long each.
- Divide the asparagus spears evenly among the four foil packets.
- In a small bowl mix the oil with garlic. Drizzle 1 teaspoon mixture over asparagus then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Layer each asparagus packet with a salmon filet. Divide remaining oil mixture on top of the salmon fillets, then top with lemon slices. Seal each packet.
- Place the packets in a single layer on a baking dish in the oven and cook for about 25 minutes until salmon is cooked through to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
Serving Size: 1 Packet
Per Serving: Calories: 380; Fat: 18 g; Carbohydrate: 6 g; Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g; Protein: 47g
|Maryann Walsh, MFN, RD, CDE
Registered Dietitian/ Consultant