24 Jan Savory Mushroom Stew
Posted at 15:13h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 30 minutes | 6 Servings
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Yellow Onion (medium, diced)
- 2 Carrots (medium, diced)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 20 Cremini Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 2 tbsps Arrowroot Powder
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- In a large pot, heat a large splash of vegetable broth over medium heat. Cook the onion, carrot, and garlic for about five to seven minutes, or until the onions are soft. Add additional broth if it begins to stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in the mushrooms and thyme. Cook for another five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the arrowroot powder and water in a small bowl to create a slurry. Add the slurry to the pot and stir until the vegetables are well coated.
- Add the remaining broth and apple cider vinegar. Lower the heat to a simmer, close the lid and cook for 15 minutes. If needed, add salt to taste or more arrowroot powder for a thicker stew. Divide into bowls and enjoy!
- LEFTOVERS: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days. Freeze if longer.
- SERVING SIZE: One serving equals approximately 1 1/2 cups.
- MORE FLAVOR: Sauté the vegetables in oil instead of broth. Add more spices of your choice.
- ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS: Add lentils or chickpeas for more protein. Serve with brown rice, mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower, quinoa, or barley. Garnish with cilantro or chives.
- NO ARROWROOT POWDER: Use tapioca flour or cornstarch instead.
- SOUP LOVER: Turn this stew into a soup by adding more broth and adjusting the seasoning to taste. Puree with a hand blender, if preferred.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 66
- Fat = 0g
- Saturated Fat = 0g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 14g
- Fiber = 3g
- Sugar = 6g
- Protein = 4g
- Cholesterol = 0mg
- Sodium = 355mg
- Vitamin A = 5368IU
- Vitamin C = 5mg
- Calcium = 31mg
- Iron = 2mg