01 May Seared Scallops with Green Beans
Posted at 17:10h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes | 2 Servings
- 3 cups Green Beans (washed, trimmed)
- 8 ozs Scallops
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Butter (divided)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, sliced thin)
- 1/4 cup Parsley (finely chopped)
- Bring a small amount of water to boil in a medium-sized pot. Place a steamer basket on top. Add the green beans, and cook for about three to four minutes or until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Place the scallops on a plate lined with a paper towel to ensure they are very dry. Season with sea salt and pepper. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat and add half of the butter. Add the scallops and cook for three to four minutes on one side. Flip and cook for one to two more minutes. During the last 30 seconds, add the remaining butter and let it melt and foam, then spoon this over top of the scallops. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, lower the heat to medium-low. Add the green beans and garlic and toss to combine. Cook for one to two minutes, until the garlic is fragrant. Remove and divide onto plates. Top with scallops and any leftover juices from the pan and plate along with the parsley. Enjoy!
- LEFTOVERS: Green beans can be refrigerated for up to three days. The scallops are best served right away.
- SERVING SIZE: One serving size is approximately 1 1/2 cups of green beans and three large scallops.
- DAIRY FREE: Omit the butter or use another cooking oil.
- MORE FLAVOR: Add a pinch of chili flakes to the green beans while cooking.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 234
- Fat = 12g
- Saturated Fat = 7g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 16g
- Fiber = 4g
- Sugar = 5g
- Protein = 17g
- Cholesterol = 58mg
- Sodium = 460mg
- Vitamin A = 2034IU
- Vitamin C = 29mg
- Calcium = 82mg
- Iron = 3mg