29 Jun SELF LOVE TIPS
Whether you are starting a weight loss journey, are currently on a weight loss journey, or have achieved your weight loss goal, taking responsibility for your health and well-being is a powerful step. Sometimes social media and “comparisonitis” in today’s world can make your motivation for losing weight come from dark places and negative thoughts rather than positive ones. No need to fear, these 5 self-love tips will help you to stay on track with the right mentality:
1. Speak kindly to yourself- Practice saying things to yourself that you would say to a loved one. Just like you cherish them, cherish yourself in the same exact way. Being healthy comes in all shapes and sizes and life is way too short to waste your energy hating your body. Hang up reminders or notes to yourself as well if needed, you’d be surprised at how effective this can be!
2. Reflect on everything your body does for you- it gets you through each day, it may have given you children, it helps you heal when you are sick, etc. The body that you may be down on has undoubtedly brought you great opportunity and joy throughout your entire life!
3. Everyday is a new beginning- It’s time to drop the “all-or-nothing” mindset by starting each day affirming to yourself that you will do the best that you can no matter what happened yesterday.
4. Nourish yourself- Feed your body a balanced diet with a variety of foods to give it the nutrients it needs to carry out daily functions. Our daily food choices have a huge impact on the way we feel today, tomorrow, and in the future.
5. Don’t focus on the numbers- People often get too tied up with the number on the scale, the number of calories that they’re consuming, their dress size, etc. that they lose sight of the reason that they’re even trying to lose weight in the first place. Stay true to your reasoning and don’t let the numbers dictate your self-worth.
Make it a priority to practice self-love each and everyday starting now and as you begin the new year!