01 Feb Slow Cooker Chicken Soup
Posted at 16:42h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 6 Hours | 6 Servings
- 1 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 4 stalks Celery (diced)
- 3 Carrots (medium, chopped)
- 1 tbsp Rosemary (fresh)
- 8 oz Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless)
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 6 cups Water (or broth)
- Add ingredients to the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked through, transfer it to a large bowl and shred it with two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the crock pot and let it soak for at least 5- 10 minutes before serving. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- LEFTOVERS:Refrigerate in an air-tight container up to 3-4 days or freeze up to 6 months. Omit pasta and potatoes if you plan to freeze.
- MORE CARBS: Add chopped potatoes or cooked rice/pasta. You can also mix raw pasta about 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 161
- Fat = 4g
- Saturated Fat = 1g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 6g
- Fiber = 2g
- Sugar = 3g
- Protein = 24g
- Cholesterol = 99mg
- Sodium = 137mg
- Vitamin A = 5253IU
- Vitamin C = 3mg
- Calcium = 59mg
- Iron = 2mg