06 Oct Slow Cooker Cinnamon Applesauce
Posted at 01:33h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 4 hours | 8 Servings
- 12 Apples (large, cored and diced)
- 4 Cinnamon Stick
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 cup Water
- Add chopped apple, cinnamon, lemon juice and water to the slow cooker and stir well to mix. Cook on high for 4 hours, stirring occasionally. (Note: Peeling the apples is optional but not necessary as they will be pureed in step 2.)
- Remove the cinnamon sticks. Use an immersion blender to puree the applesauce, or transfer to a blender.
- Divide into bowls, add your preferred toppings and enjoy! Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.
- STORAGE: Refrigerate in an air-tight container up to 10 days, or freeze up to a year.
- LEAVE IT CHUNKY: Skip Step 2. You may want to peel your apples before cooking.
- EXTRA TOPPINGS: Add any combination of nuts, seeds, toasted oats, coconut or dried fruit.
- LESS SUGAR: Use a mixture of naturally sweet apples like Red Delicious, Gala, Fuji, Winesap, McIntosh, Yellow Delicious, Crispin or Cortland.
Nutrition Per Serving:
- Calories = 143
- Fat = 0g
- Saturated Fat = 0g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 38g
- Fiber = 10g
- Sugar = 28g
- Protein = 1g
- Cholesterol = 0mg
- Sodium = 3mg
- Vitamin A = 148IU
- Vitamin C = 14mg
- Calcium = 20mg
- Iron = 0mg