28 Jul Spicy Shrimp, Quinoa & Spinach
Posted at 16:54h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 20 minutes | 4 Servings
- 1/2 cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 lb Shrimp (raw, peeled, deveined)
- 12 cups Baby Spinach
- Combine the quinoa and water in a saucepan. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cover with a lid. Let it simmer for 12 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- In a mixing bowl combine the oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, cayenne and sea salt. Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss to coat evenly in the marinade.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and the marinade to the hot pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes stirring often until the shrimp are cooked through. Season with additional salt if needed. Transfer the shrimp to a dish.
- Reduce the heat to medium and to the same skillet add the remaining oil. Add the baby spinach and sauté just until wilted.
- Divide the shrimp, spinach and quinoa between plates. Enjoy!
- LEFTOVERS: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Freeze in a storage bag for up to one month.
- MORE FLAVOR: Add more cayenne, red pepper flakes or black pepper to the shrimp marinade for more spice. Serve with lime wedges.
- GRAIN-FREE: Use cauliflower rice instead of quinoa.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 262
- Fat = 9g
- Saturated Fat = 1g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 18g
- Fiber = 4g
- Sugar = 1g
- Protein = 29g
- Cholesterol = 183mg
- Sodium = 321mg
- Vitamin A = 8868IU
- Vitamin C = 26mg
- Calcium = 188mg
- Iron = 5mg