21 Sep Spider Web Pumpkin Soup
Posted at 19:14h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 20 Minutes | 4 Servings
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 1/4 cups Pureed Pumpkin
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Sage
- 1 1/2 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Canned Coconut Milk (optional)
- 1/4 cup Black Olives (pitted and sliced)
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Stir in pumpkin, broth, almond milk, ginger, sage, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Divide the pumpkin soup into separate bowls.
- Meanwhile, slice your black olives and set aside for garnish.
- Put the coconut milk into a squeeze bottle and draw a spiral in each bowl of soup. Use a toothpick to draw straight lines from the center of each spiral to the outer edges.
- Garnish soup with olive slices in the form of spiders. Enjoy!
- Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. Freeze up to 6 months in an air-tight container. If storing in mason jars, use wide-mouth jars and leave at least 1 inch of space at the top to allow the fluid to expand.
- No Coconut Milk: Use Greek yogurt.
- No Squeeze Bottle: Place coconut milk in one end of a small plastic sandwich bag and make a very small cut in the corner. Gently squeeze the milk out of the bag to draw your spiderwebs.
- Serve it With: A slice of toasted bread.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 162
- Fat = 11g
- Saturated Fat = 9g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 15g
- Fiber = 4g
- Sugar = 7g
- Protein = 2g
- Cholesterol = 0mg
- Sodium = 715mg
- Vitamin A = 21812IU
- Vitamin C = 6mg
- Calcium = 110 mg
- Iron = 3 mg