30 Jul Cool Down and Get Your Energy Up with this Summer Smoothie (in a Bowl!) Recipe
Bowls are all the rage right now. Fajita bowls, acai bowls, and now fit foodies are even experimenting with smoothies in a bowl! Sounds delish to us, so we figured we’d give it a try 🙂 With all of these nutrient-rich ingredients, you’ll feel energy throughout the day. They’re simple, satisfying, and a whole lot of YUM! Feel free to customize by adding your toppings of choice, too!
Here’s an example (inspired by www.minimalistbaker.com):
- ¼ Avocado
- 2 Medium Bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup Fresh or Frozen Mixed Berries (I like strawberries and blueberries.)
- 2 large handfuls Spinach
- 1 small handful Kale, large stems removed
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups Unsweetened Non-dairy Milk (I prefer either almond or hemp milk.)
- 1 Serving FITTEAM Lean Protein
- 1-2 Tbsp salted creamy almond or peanut butter (*FIT TIP* Be mindful on serving size here depending on your calorie goals 😉
- Ice if you like your smoothie a little on the thick side
Energy Toppings (optional):
- Roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- Raw or roasted nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Fresh berries
- Hemp seeds
- Chia Seeds
*FIT TIP* Again, be mindful on what you add and how much depending on your energy needs/goals.
- Add all smoothie ingredients to a blender, and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more milk (or water) to thin and/or ice to thicken.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more banana (or honey or Stevia (for less sugar)) for added sweetness, more spinach for a bright green hue, or milk for creaminess.
- Divide between 2 serving bowls, and top with desired toppings!
These bowls are obviously best when fresh, but leftovers can be kept in jars in the fridge for up to 1-2 days or frozen and re-blended, providing energy when you need it most!