08 Jan Turmeric Coffee Latte
Turmeric Coffee Latte
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that are extremely soothing and healing. While coffee (mostly due to caffeine) and cinnamon are energizing metabolism boosters and mood enhancers.
With the warm comfort of its latte-nature, yet caffeine kick to your metabolism, what’s not to love about this drink?!
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/3 teaspoons ground ginger (or 1 tbs juiced)
- 1/3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs unrefined coconut oil
- 2 grounds freshly ground black pepper (Fun Fact: This increases bioactivity of turmeric exponentially!)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee (good-quality, such as Nescafe Azera)
- 2 teaspoons sweetener (Optional: ex. coconut sugar, honey, agave)
- Place all of the ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Heat on a medium-high heat whilst whisking. This will ensure you get a nice thick froth.
- Heat until the drink is very hot, but not boiling (don’t let it boil).
- Pour into two cups and serve. Sprinkle with an extra pinch of turmeric and/or cinnamon if you like.
-Health & Wellness Coach
Recipe Inspired by: https://www.yummly.co/recipe/Turmeric-Latte-with-Coffee-1708425?prm-v1
Picture Inspiration: https://www.indiatimes.com/health/healthyliving/india-s-very-own-haldi-milk-is-all-the-rage-in-san-francisco-and-they-re-calling-it-turmeric-latte-255129.html