02 Feb Turmeric Egg Drop Soup
Posted at 16:14h in FITTEAM Recipes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | 4 Servings
- 4 cups Chicken Broth, Low Sodium
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric (to taste)
- 2 tbsps Arrowroot Powder
- 1/2 cup Water
- 4 Eggs (lightly whisked)
- Heat the broth, sesame oil, salt, and turmeric in a pot over medium heat. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile, combine the arrowroot powder and water in a small bowl. Stir the slurry into the pot until well incorporated.
- While stirring the soup, slowly add the whisked eggs. Allow the streaks of egg to set, about two minutes. Divide into bowls and enjoy!
- LEFTOVERS:Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
- SERVING SIZE: One serving is approximately 1 1/4 cup.
- MORE FLAVOR: Add ginger or white pepper.
- ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS: Add shredded chicken, corn, cilantro, and/or green onions.
Nutrition: (Amount Per Serving)
- Calories = 137
- Fat = 7g
- Saturated Fat = 2g
- Trans Fat = 0g
- Carbs = 9g
- Fiber = 0g
- Sugar = 1g
- Protein = 11g
- Cholesterol = 186mg
- Sodium = 438mg
- Vitamin A = 270IU
- Vitamin C = 0mg
- Calcium = 40mg
- Iron = 2mg