04 Jan Winter Mood-Boosting Recipes
Winter Mood-Boosting Recipes
Bee Pollen Energy Shot
Bee pollen is one of nature’s most complete foods and has been consumed for centuries by the Chinese and helps increase energy, fight acne and depression, and improves digestion. The coconut oil helps increase the digestion and processing of the nutrients and enzymes in the pollen, as well as boosts your metabolism.
- ½ TBS Bee Pollen
- ¼ tsp Unrefined Coconut Oil
Scoop bee pollen onto a large spoon and drizzle coconut oil directly on top. Chew pollen completely.
Gluten-Free Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes
Adapted from: The Beauty Detox Foods Recipe Book
Photo Cred: https://www.mommypotamus.com/blueberry-buckwheat-pancakes/
These pancakes are filling, hearty, and just what your body craves during cold, Winter months. Not only that, buckwheat is an easily digestible form of fuel that is loaded with B vitamins, protein, and fiber. It also includes magnesium which helps relax the mind.
- 1 cup Buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ Tbs. powdered stevia
- 1 Tbs. arrowroot starch
- 1 ½ Tbs. tapioca starch
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbs. raw coconut nectar
- 2 eggs
- 2–3 cups blueberries (if using frozen, just make sure to thaw before using)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Sift together buckwheat flour, gluten-free flour, stevia, baking powder, cinnamon, arrowroot starch and tapioca starch.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond milk, nectar and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk together until smooth with no lumps.
- Heat a large pancake pan or griddle on medium-high heat.
- Add enough coconut oil to lightly coat the pan.
- Ladle out enough batter for a few pancakes.
- Place a few blueberries in the batter of the pancake(s) on the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes before flipping, and cook for 2-3 minutes on other side.
- Remove once cooked through and enjoy!
Chocolate Chia Pudding
Loaded with magnesium, antioxidants, and calcium, raw cacao is a natural mood enhancer and energy booster. Not to mention, chia seeds are an excellent source of fiber, protein, and omega 3’s, and when in its gel form, provides a lasting form of energy.
Photo Cred: https://fitfoodiefinds.com/2016/01/chocolate-chia-seed-pudding/
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp. Raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp Stevia (may adjust to taste)
- Combine ingredients.
- Cover and chill for a few hours (preferably overnight) (chia seeds will soften and thicken over time to form a pudding-like consistency)
Optional: Top with granola, fresh berries, almond or peanut butter, and drizzle with honey.
-Health & Wellness Coach